Monday, May 24, 2010

Eat Less Fattie

I've never done the food diary thing but then again I've never had to get taped to determine my body fat because I was overweight on the Army height and weight chart. It was kind of an eye opener. I'm currently 177.8 and I want to get down to 169 by the end of June. I've been totally shrugging off the P90X nutrition portion of the program and I'm now reconsidering the wisdom of that decision now that the thirty pudge just dropped in my lap. I started using the "my plate" program from Livestrong.com. I tried to do a program on my phone initially but it was to time consuming and I really like the Livestrong database. You just search what you ate (by brand ussually) and add it to your meals. You can also save entire meals that you eat frequently. By the breakdown for today I had 41% protein, 22% carbs, and 37% fat for a total of 1216 calories. That's not too bad especially since most of those carbs came from the small BK fries I had at lunch. I ordered apple fries but they screwed up the order and well it was a long ride home. I'm weak and fries are yummy. Side note BK serves ribs. WTF? They actually weren't too bad. I was planning on just getting a grilled chicken sandwich and not eating the bun but curiosity overcame me.


Came up with a super easy recipe for dinner.
4 cups steamed broccoli
1 lb chicken
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 soy sauce

Heat oil. Add chicken and stir til white. Add broccoli. Add soy sauce. Season.

Doesn't get much easier than that and it's pretty good. Did the same thing last night with shrimp. My wife bought these bags of frozen broccoli that you can just pop in the microwave so there isn't much excuse. It serves 3 with 306 calories each, 9 grams of fat, 9 carbs, and 55 grams of protein.

No comments: