Saturday, June 19, 2010

My Baby Ate My Homework

So this week has been a bit of a blur and I went 4 days without working out. I also ate a crap ton of fast food and vending machine trash but I have a greeeat excuse. My wife just had my second son. Her water broke on Monday and the hospital in all their wisdom declared that um no her water didn't break and sent us home. I guess it's perfectly normal for a woman who is 9 months pregnant to just leak fluids for 14 hours. Clearly I'm no doctor cause I would assume that leaking tons of fluids and having contractions would indicate that shit is about to go down in a pregnant woman. Later on the next day we went back in just to play it safe and a different nurse was kind of like "Your water broke about 14 hours ago why didn't you come in?" Um ya about that. Anyways a few hours later I was holding a scrawny little 6 pound 1 ounce boy that was just perfect. The doctors were a bit concerned that he had some jaundice and he stayed under these crazy Burger King heat lights for a few days. We finally got the whole family home on Thursday safe and sound.

As far as my fitness schedule is concerned, I'm completely off schedule for the week but my body had plenty of time to heal up. So I'll count this as my recovery week instead of next week. I did a quick semi-half assed plyometrics last night and I'll do some lifting tonight. I'll be easing back on my running for at least another week or so because I don't wanna get too far from the house for too long until my wife is back to 100%. As a caveat to that I think I found a running stroller for $20 on Craigslist. Hopefully I can pick that up and I can take my older boy running. Not working out and eating trash had me feeling pretty sluggish but not that I'm getting back into the rhythm I'm already feeling better. The funny thing about the lack of working out is even though I was eating about 2300 calories a day and not working out, I still dropped a pound in the hospital. I was probably over training a bit last week. In about three weeks my wife is jumping on the P90X train as well. So in summary, everyone is healthy, I have a house full of little boys now, and life is pretty darn good.


No comments: