Saturday, June 12, 2010

Day 42 - P90X Legs and Back

I did the Legs and Back workout today, after realizing that I've skipped it for the last few weeks. The dumbbells really make a big difference on this workout. My legs aren't destroyed but during the workout I feel like I was working pretty hard. My only real gripe with the workout is that the three way lunges and the sneaky lunges are kinda worthless. During the time where Tony and his loyal minions were doing those sets I knocked out some free weight squats. Unlike most people I have an actual squat rack in my home gym so that may not be easy for everyone to do. However doing some heavy weights in the middle of the workout was a nice change of pace.

Diet update. Over the last week I've stayed around 1500 calories a day but I've roughly doubled my carb intake. I feel a lot more energy and much less tired but my weight loss has plateaued. I've been at 168 for about 5 days now. I know that the last few pounds of fat is going to be lost much slower than the first 10 were so I'm not too concerned but if there is no change in a few days, I'll go back to virtually no carbs. Once I get down to about 14% body fat or so, I'll make the decision to add mass or stay lean. Gotta say just for running purposes being lean is much nicer.

No comments: